As disciples of Jesus, our desire this year is that each one of us draw closer to God. We trust that He will take us further than we have ever been in our spiritual walk with Him and in our discipleship journey with others. This year we are believing that as we draw closer to God He will do immeasurably more in us and through us. It is our dream that we will see a rapid mobilisation of disciples that multiply, and that thousands of people will come to know Jesus as we each draw closer to Him.
Read Philippians 3:7-14
- Crossway’s Vision is to see our city, nation and the nations become disciples of Jesus. What excites you about this vision? What opportunities do you see that we have as a church to further fulfil this vision in 2020? What might your part be in this?
- Our Mission at Crossway is three fold: Loving God, Loving People, Disciples that Multiply. What are you doing to work towards an aspect of this mission? What are you doing in each of the three areas?
- As we draw closer to God, He takes us further in our walk with Him. How have you seen this reality in your life? How might this apply to you this year?
- Read Phil 3:7-10. What is Paul saying in these verses? What challenges you in this?
- Read Phil 3:13-14. What is the goal for Jesus that you are pressing towards this year? What will help you to achieve this goal?
God’s plan for Christianity is very simple: He places the mission of God in the hands of ordinary people – you and I. This year we can all step closer to God and allow Him to take us further. To be disciples that multiply, we need to be obedient and take a step towards sharing the good news with those who are yet to hear. Who has God placed in your world whom you can ask if they want to read the Bible with you this year? What might feel impossible to us, Christ can do through us – if we allow Him to. He has already prepared the path. Take a moment now to ask God what it is that He would have you do this year in drawing closer to Him, going further with him, and being a disciple that multiplies in 2020.