God Speaks – Mothers Day
Every person is made in the image of our wonderful Creator, and it is God’s desire that everyone of us will come to a recognition of who He is at some point in our lives. For some of us this can take a considerable amount of time in the wilderness before we finally meet Jesus. Yet no matter what our life circumstances, pathway, or choices, God will passionately pursue us to draw our hearts to Him. Even after we come to know Jesus, He will continue to pursue us in deeper relationship with Him. Our part is to look for Him, listen to Him, learn how He is communicating with us, and put into practice what He is calling us to do.
Read Numbers 22:21-35
- Throughout scripture we read stories of God going to extreme lengths to get His people to hear from Him. Has God ever spoken to you in a powerful or unusual way?
- Read Numbers 22:21-23. Have you ever had a situation where you realise in hindsight that God is wanting to oppose the choices or directions that you are taking? How did you respond at the time? Did you recognise it was God at the time?
- One way we can Hear from God is to look out for ways that He is wanting to communicate with us. How do we discern if something is from God or not? What grid or framework do you use to discern this? Do you ask others for help?
- Read John 10:3-5. When we understand that God wants to communicate with us, we need to be able to hear and discern His voice. How can we do this? Why can this be difficult to do?
- To “listen to God” in the original Hebrew language simply means to obey God. What does listening to God mean to you today? What happens when we hear from God but choose not to obey? What can we learn from Balaam about this?
- One of the challenges of hearing from God is being distracted with our own business and having too much “noise” in our lives. What do you need to do to create a quiet space to hear clearly from God? What is preventing this from happening?
God wants every one of us to be willing to journey close to Him. It is through a close and intimate relationship with Jesus that we are best able to hear His voice. But this is only half of the equation. We also need to be willing to put into practice that which God is calling us to do. We need to be willing to obey Him. We also need to be careful that we do not let our own expectations limit what we believe God wants to say to us or call us to do. What do you believe God is saying to you at present? What do you need to do about this?Download PDF