When Grace Breathes – Part 1
We become the sons and daughters of God when He breathe his spirit into us. Because of this we need to know and learn how to live as His sons & daughters, and leave behind our orphan mentality; when one lives in fear, self-sufficiency and self-sabotage. When He breathe His Spirit into us, we receive an invitation to connect to Him. Through His grace and truth, He will show us our wrongdoings and His Spirit will guide us step by step on how to work them out.
Read John 14:15-21, John 20:19-23
- Ps. Heather teaches that often as believers we live with an orphan mentality. To what extent does this notion relate to you?
- Have you ever received/experienced benefits because of someone else’s authority? Who was it and what did you get? How did you feel?
- Read John 20:22-23. What does Jesus mean by “receive the Holy Spirit”? What is it that the disciples can do after receiving the Holy Spirit?
- How much authority do we have as sons and daughters of God? Why do we often hesitate on using this authority?
- Read Luke 11:11-13. What is it that Jesus suggests the disciples to ask from the Father? Ps. Heather teaches that we should ask daily for the Holy Spirit to lead us. How do you do that?
- How big of a difference does it make to you to live a day with and without the Holy Spirit?
- Through his grace and truth, God will convict us of our errors and will lead us into growth. How have you experienced this in your journey? Share your thought processes.
God never expect us to deal with trials by ourselves. He wants each of us to learn from him and he is going to show us how. Since Jesus breathes His Spirit into us, we are eternally connected and we do have access to Him daily. Make a commitment on how you are going to exercise this daily in the next week or two. Furthermore, ask for the Spirit to make you a conduit of His blessings to other people. Experience how God is working in you and through you!Download PDF