A key to growing as a disciple of Jesus is to be a part of a smaller community within the larger body of believers. We all need a place where we can be ourselves, share life together, take next steps and serve as a family on mission. For many this is centred around our Life Group, but there are a variety of different opportunities to connect and do life as an extended family on mission at Crossway.
- The larger we grow as a church, the smaller we need to get. Discuss.
- It is when we are living our lives in a smaller community that we can best share our lives, take next steps (in discipleship), and serve together. How do you see these three areas already happening in your Life Group? How could this be enhanced?
- Read Acts 2:42-47. What do you see that reflects community in these readings? What can we learn from the early church in building community?
- How did the disciples share life, step forward and serve in these verses?
- To be growing as a disciple requires intentionality. How can we attain this? What can help us in this endeavour? What can prevent us from growing?
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25. How are we spurred along by being part of a small community? How might this encourage us?
If you are already a part of a Crossway group, let’s celebrate this small community. Discuss how you might serve others together at Crossway. How might your group serve the broader community? What might it look like as a group for you to be disciples of Jesus with your sleeves rolled up? Commit to taking a step forward in one of these areas today as a group. If you are not yet in a small group at Crossway, why not take the next step to join one? Go to www.crossway.org.au/groups and find a group that you can explore joining.