In the Bible we see God speaking to mothers and mothers-to-be as they are going through difficult times. For example, Sarai, who laughs at the impossibility of having a child at an old age, but God makes it possible; and Hagar, who is running away in sorrow, but God sees and saves her in her darkest moment. We can learn a lot about the heart of God through these women. This Mother’s Day, let us thank God and honour the women in our lives – be it our biological mum, grandmother, spiritual mum, caretaker, teacher, or sister who is a mum – by remembering and thanking them as gifts from God.
Read 1 Timothy 5:2, Luke 7:44-50 , John 4:7-13 , Proverbs 31:31
- How did you celebrate Mother’s Day in 2020 and 2021? As this period has been unprecedented, was it a challenge for you?
- Pastor Kimberly mentioned several famous and less known women from the Bible. Which of these women made an impression on you? What did you learn from their story?
- Read Luke 7:44-50. In this passage, an unknown woman washes Jesus’ feet with her hair. Why do you think the woman does this for Jesus? Do you think it is possible for us?
- Read John 4:7-13. Jesus meets an unknown Samaritan woman and reveals that He is the Living Water and Messiah that she has been waiting for. Do you think this encounter with Jesus has any relevance for our generation today?
- Pastor Kimberly mentioned that God often uses women from the Bible to teach us values, to learn the heart of God, and to reveal His work in our lives. Do you agree with this statement? Are there any barriers to you being open to the Holy Spirit’s teaching and work in your life?
- Women in our modern world wear many hats and manage different roles with limited time and resources. What do you think are some of the challenges and issues they are facing? How could you offer your help?
- Read Proverbs 31:31. The Bible encourages us to honour the woman for all that her hands have done. Can you recall a woman of influence in your life who has done something for you? Is there anything you can do to show your gratitude to God for sending her into your life?
This week, pray that the Holy Spirit will bring to your mind a woman that has influenced you. Give thanks to God for her. What is one thing you can do to show your appreciation for her work in your life? Take the time to honour her.