Part 1Jesus took our sin upon Himself, enabling us to be forgiven in the eyes of God. As His disciples, we can bring His true Gospel to the people around us; through the words, works, and ways of Jesus. The words of Jesus are spoken through scriptures and His works are demonstrated in the gospel stories. When we imitate Jesus’ ways, we can be a living example of Him to the world around us.
Read [bible]Mark 1:9-15[/bible]
- What does it mean for us to identify with Jesus? How can we imitate His ways?
- Read Philippians 2:2-8. What does it mean for you to have the same mindset as Jesus? In your daily life, how would this look?
- Read Mark 1:9-11. How do you capture and understand the image of heaven being torn open? How does this image impact your understanding of the story?
- If we fully embrace the reality of Jesus as a portal between heaven and earth; and he lives in us through the Holy Spirit, how might this change the way we live our lives?
- Jesus demonstrated to us how to live a life worth imitating. What is one discipleship characteristics of Jesus that we can apply in our day to day life?
When we walk closely with Jesus, we can have the peace of living in the eye of the storm, amidst the chaos swirling around us. What is one step you can take this week to draw closer to Jesus? Who can you invite to journey with you?