“Look, I am making everything new!” (Revelation 21:5)
As we begin a new year there is a wonderful, renewed sense of anticipation that with great expectations and fervent prayer, the above verse can become reality in our world.
With a new beginning comes a renewed sense of expectation, renewed hope, and a fresh vision of what could be. 2020 did not catch God by surprise, despite all that we faced both locally and globally. Our challenge is getting on board with God where He is already at work and partnering with Him in our kingdom mission.
We do not journey forward to go back to the past. God is doing a new thing, and He calls us to journey with Him on the adventure.
- God promised that He is doing a new thing (Isaiah 43:19, Rev 21:5). How have you seen this recently? How might this apply to you this year?
- Crossway’s vision is to see our city, nation and the nations become disciples of Jesus. What excites you about this vision? What new opportunities do you see that we have as a church to further fulfil this vision in 2021, given the year we have just come through? What might your part be in this?
- Our mission at Crossway is threefold: Loving God, Loving People, Disciples that Multiply. What are you doing to work towards one aspect of this mission? What are you doing in each of the three areas?
- What lessons have you learnt from this past year that you want to apply to do something new for God this year?
- Read Matthew 9:16-17. How does this metaphor apply to you? To your Life Group? What might be your “new wine” that needs “new skins”?
- How is God stretching you this year to do something new for Him? What are you going to do about this?
The new year offers each of us a new beginning, no matter where we are at with God. Take a moment alone now to quietly be honest with God. Seek what it is that He wants you to start this year as a new beginning in and through you. Where does God want you to partner with Him in a new thing He is doing? What is your answer to God?