Jesus made it clear to His disciples that through Him they could have victory in their lives. He said “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” While many of His followers know this intellectually, the constant voices from the world and the evil one can cause doubt. This, in turn, can prevent us from fully embracing God’s purpose for our lives.
Read John 10:10-18
- What do Jesus’ words “that you may have life to the full” mean to you? What prevents us from knowing this reality?
- Read John 10:11-12. Does the idea that Jesus laid down His life for you give you identity and purpose in the way you live your life? If so, how? If not, why?
- Read John 10:16. What hinders us from hearing the voice of God? What can we do to help us hear His voice more clearly?
- Read 1 Peter 5:8-9. How can we distinguish the difference between satan at work and just ‘having a bad day’? What are the indicators for you? What can you do about this?
- How do you overcome the negative voices that you may hear? What is the antidote that God gives His children to enable them to resist this?
- Read 1 John 3:1-2. How can we remind ourselves everyday that we are children of God?
Jesus has the victory because He has overcome the world. The constant voices from satan and the world that await you every day try to rob this reality from you, and to prevent you from finding fullness of life. Victory in Jesus comes when we are able to listen to Him and do as He calls us to do, despite the opposition we may face. What is one step that you can take this week to hear His voice and fulfil the purpose God has for you?